Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring for the OhBeWise family

Even though it snowed today (again) I'm going to go out on a limb and say that spring is probably going to come...eventually.  I have photographic proof.  Part of the proof that spring is coming is that I keep forgetting the camera so have to take pictures with the phone. 

We went on a picnic at Riverside Park in Smithers on Good Friday
The kids, Aunty Lorina and Barb in the Whomping Willow
We went for a walk on Saturday morning
We are 4 bumps on a bridge (missing Michael)
  The kids went on an Easter Climb at the climbing wall.
Ami her first day ever at the climbing wall.  She made it all the way to the top!
Emma hanging out in the cave.
Michael dropping treats out of the Easter baskets.
Emma and I have gone on several rides this week.
Riding today and Emma and Bitsy picked pussy willows each in their own way.
Easter has come and gone.

I LOVE Easter.  The week leading up to Easter Sunday is full of remembering the final week in Jesus' life and his great gifts to us.  All week I kept thinking "He is not here: for he is risen...."  After church on Sunday Michael and Ami went home with Les while I stayed for a meeting.  After the meeting Emma and I stopped at the cemetery.  The cemetery has always been a place of remembering for me and it seemed like the perfect place to be reminded of the amazing truth of the resurrection.  We found many of the people we know there...although I got too cold before we located my Nanny.  We had a nice time.  Here is a little collage.


PS: can you figure out the scripture reference for our family name for this week?

1 comment:

Lynn said...

How could I have missed all these entries from a year ago? Seriously??? Sorry... We love going to cemeteries as well--but so far haven't been able to bring the kids to one where people we know are buried. Have to do that when we're home next. :)